[blindlaw] Work place accommodation's

Fri Aug 21 13:57:04 UTC 2015

Steven and Listers,

To get an overview and guidance on accommodations in the workplace, you could start with the Equal Opportunity Commission's web sige at www.eeoc.gov. In the search field just search for "reasonable accommodations", and you'll get a number of documents and articles that may give you some tools to use in discussions with your employer. Of course, Title II of the ADA applies to publicly run organizations like your community college. Normally, the Department of Education handles service related complaints, etc, and EEOC investigates employment cases. There may be some information on the Dept. of Ed web site. And, folks in the education OCR may be able to provide more information.

Hope this helps a bit.

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: blindlaw [mailto:blindlaw-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Alexander Marositz via blindlaw
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 6:12 AM
To: 'Blind Law Mailing List'
Cc: samarositz at gmail.com
Subject: [blindlaw] Work place accommodation's

Hi All

I am having difficulty getting assistive technology provided to me by my employer as a workplace accommodation.  I work for a public community college.  I don't have a lot of recent experience with workplace accommodations.  Can someone on the list point me to some resources where I can learn about this or put me in touch with someone preferably in southern California who can help?

Thanks in advance.