[blindlaw] Work place accommodation's

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Fri Aug 21 14:50:11 UTC 2015

Is there an ADA coordinator / liaison at the college?  I work for a county public defender office, and the ADA liaison assigned to our segment of the county administration (the agencies are separated into different sub-groups) has been a great help in getting things done for me and other blind employees in our counterpart prosecutor office.  Many times, it seems that government-based agencies misunderstand the effect that budget and hiring freexes have on federal and state ADA requirements, and believe that such prevents them providing reasonable, effective accomodations - the liaison can clarify things in that regard.