[blindlaw] Do Digital Law Books?

Dan Beitz dbeitz at wiennergould.com
Tue Dec 15 21:23:53 UTC 2015

How about a little perspective?  I went to law school in the late 80s and early 90s.  My books were always on tape.  They read the footnotes right in with the text.  I did eventually purchase a scanner and software, but it was slow, had all kinds of trouble with some of the books, and was really primitive compared to what is out there today.  Westlaw was not accessible on the law school computers, and I had to use taped notes for my open-book tests.  When I took the bar, It was read to me, and the reader had to be someone that I had to pay and someone with no legal experience.  So what I'm saying is that things have come a long way.

Daniel K. Beitz
Wienner & Gould, P.C.
950 University Dr., Ste. 350
Rochester, MI  48307
Phone:  (248) 841-9405
Fax:  (248) 652-2729
dbeitz at wiennergould.com

www.wiennergould.com

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached
to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering this email
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
or distribution or use of any of the information contained herein or attached to
this email is strictly prohibited.  Should you receive this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this email or by telephoning
us at (248) 841-9400.