[blindlaw] Amazon.com and accessibility

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 16:24:45 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I recent tried to sign into amazon.com and receiv a message called a robot check.  It prompts users to enter in a code so the site can verify that the user is not a robot.  The code is inaccessiblt tAWS.

Ironically, on Amazon's main page, there is a link that claims the site has been updated for screen reader use.  When I follow this link (or type in Amazon's accessible site), I try  sign into my account and receive the same robot check.  However, instead of having an audio version of the code to type into the box, it prompts the ur to type in the same text that inaccessible toJAWS.

The alternative site is, therefore, not as accessiblt as they would have us believe.  Has anyone had similar experiences?  Is anyone at the NF aware of this problem and have they contacted Amazon with this information?

Mike