[blindlaw] Re JAWS scripts as a remedy for inaccessible workplace software

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Feb 9 19:13:53 UTC 2015

Certainly if you have the money at some point to purchase JAWS that is a viable option.  You can download a forty
minute demo of JAWS as well.  Jaws has been tailored to work best with their own magnifier, so I don't know how
well it would work with ZoomText.

Please note that Window-Eyes is now owned by AI Squared, the company that makes ZoomText.  This means that
incompatibilities that may have existed will likely be corrected quickly, although I had never heard that the two
were incompatible and thought I knew of people using that combination.  Did you try the latest version of both
programs?  NVDA is also worth experimenting with as it is free.

In general, using a screen readers scripting language can do much to increase efficiency, and in some cases make
software usable that otherwise would not be.  However, there is software out there that no amount of scripting will
make accessible.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson