[blindlaw] Bluebook

James Fetter jtfetter at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 13:08:20 UTC 2015

Derek, thanks for the link, and I also believe that there is no shame in using assistance: sighted, blind, or whatever, in learning a new system. I guarantee that sighted people do so all the time without a second thought. I am yet to start law school, so I am not familiar with Bluebook or the conventions of legal citation, but I readily asked for assistance in formatting my doctoral dissertation to meet the stringent requirements of the graduate school; this was a service available upon request to all graduate students, so it was not any sort of "special" accommodation. In any event, I plan to use reference librarians and other resources while in law school to ensure that I have the best possible grasp of proper citation format. If I have learned anything over the last several years, it is that we, as blind people, often have less room for error than our cited peers in any writing that we produce for publication.
All best,
James

Sent from my iPhone