[blindlaw] Additional Medical Factors Related to LSAT Score

Aimee Harwood awildheir at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:08:39 UTC 2015

Hello everyone.  I have a quick question regarding submitting additional information that could have had an impact on my LSAT score.  I recently submitted additional information regarding the accessibility issues that I had with Kaplan to clarify how much of a disadvantage it was for me during test preparation.  I submitted this after accepting an offer to be placed on a wait list at my top pick school.  I indicated that the score does not appropriately reflect my abilities due to the inaccessible materials.

Now that we have a little of the background out of the way, here is my question.  I recently did a sleep study and have a diagnosis of sleep apnea.  If you are not familiar with it, the affects on your cognitive abilities is significant if you are not receiving treatment.  So this also would have had a negative effect on my score.  Would it have a negative effect on the admissions process if I were to submit documentation of this disorder and indicate that I feel my score also could have been lower than desirable due to this as well?  I submitted my other document regarding the Kaplan course around June 11th.  What are your thoughts?

Aimee