[blindlaw] Seeking unpaid 1L summer internship in disability rights litigation

Mandilk, Jimi james.mandilk at yale.edu
Wed Mar 11 17:25:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am a legally blind 1L student at Yale Law School. Yale will pay for me to work for any non-profit legal organization (or most government offices), gratis, this summer. I couldn't be where I am today without the dedicated work of many professionals who serve the blind and low vision community, so I'd like to give back by working on disability righs litigation this summer, helping to make sure others have similar opportunities.

Yale has high expectations for our summer work, so It is important that the bulk of my time be devoted to substantive litigation matters--researching the law, drafting legal memoranda and briefs, advising clients, arguing in court if the opportunity presented itself. However, I am open as to the particular case(s) I would work on, as well as the organization and the city (anywhere in the US). Again, I would not need to be paid.

Does anyone have any leads?

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to getting to know the list members. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need advice from a current law student.

Warm regards,

James Mandilk
james.mandilk at yale.edu