[blindlaw] LSAT Logic Games

mike mcglashon michael.mcglashon at comcast.net
Thu May 14 00:16:48 UTC 2015

Hi Guys:

I have been following this thread and I too am taking the LSAT in June.  I
took it in February and did 138.  I thought that was fabulous but I guess
the law schools don't like that score.  As far as the logic games, I found
that even though I tried to use excel, braille display, and also braille
writers, etc, I found that II still was getting it all jumbled up in my
mind; I've been practicing since last january and I haven't gotten any
better at it.  I think what Nicole and I are looking for is very specific
followable instructions to tackle such games.  Are there tutors out there
who specialize in teaching blind persons these puzzles?  someone like a
shrink who understands how the human brain works?  I am actually considering
just guessing "d" for all the game questions; I'm bound to hit on a couple
of them just by chance.  My theory is that the logic reasoning is two
sections of the test; therefore between those two sections and the reading
section that should get me at least 140 or slightly better and then let the
chips fall where they may.

What do you guys think of this?  Is it possible that since totally blind
persons from birth can only visualize in two dimensions, this is the
detriment when it comes to these games?

Please advise.