[blindlaw] Methods for Reading Handwriting

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Thu May 14 15:24:32 UTC 2015

I have similar problems with police reports in my cases, many portions of which are still handwritten (or more accurately, scribbled).  I can sometimes pull my screen magnification up to 8 or greater and even with my face an inch away from the screen it still is illegible to me - and that obviously won't work for you.  The short answer is that it does not yet exist.  I have to ask someone to read things to me quickly while I type them out for myself, or, when there is more time available, have the written portions recorded to mP3 by my assistant and loaded by client name into my computer.  Not very independent, but it suffices.