[blindlaw] printer question

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Tue Nov 10 16:30:52 UTC 2015

Hi Cathryn:

When you talk about a printer being accessible to Jaws, I am confused!  A
printer only prints information or document sent to it and how you set it up
depends on the particular app or program you're trying to print from.

Anyway, I use a Canon printer from the Image Class series!  No talking menus
on this printer, truly a shame, but that's the case with virtually all
printers!  I can send print jobs to this printer even from my shiny Android
phone.

There are a few things I am trying to memorise:  These have to do with the
various functions on the printer that have nothing to do with a screen
reader.

I'm able to send faxes directly from my computer; I just need to have the
document I am about to fax opened, then go to the fax option and send away.

The one thing I can't do too well with my printer is inserting envelopes for
printing.  The insertion point for envelopes is located in an awkward space.
What I have is a laser printer; I had to grab one because I am tired of
having to buy ink time and time again within a six-week period.  And yes, it
has push buttons!  Very important for me as a touch screen printer with no
voice output can test the limits of the last ounce of patience I try to save
for a later day.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado