[blindlaw] OCI Advice

James Fetter jtfetter at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 18:41:50 UTC 2016

Dear All,

So, it's that time of year again, and my law school's OCI is just over
the horizon. I would very much appreciate any advice, on or off list,
about successfully interviewing for positions at top firms at OCI as a
blind job candidate. Hypothetically speaking, assume that you are
advising a candidate who is in the top 5% of the class, law review,
etc--in other words, someone who would normally have no problem landing
a position with a big firm at OCI. However, I have heard from several
equally qualified people, who happen to be blind, that these
qualifications are either ignored or at least called into question, when
blindness and presumably other obvious disabilities are part of the
equation. It would be very helpful to hear from someone who has figured
out how best to assuage the fears of interviewers on this score and has
received one or more offers from elite firms. I genuinely appreciate any
help with this, and if you would prefer to communicate privately, my
direct email is jtfetter at yahoo.com. Thank you.