[blindlaw] LSAT accomodations

Shelley Richards shelleyrichards9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:32:37 UTC 2016

I agree that it definitely is not going to be inherently visual, or
inherently dificult for all blind test takers.  I did very well on the
logic games section.  Unfortunately I have difficulty explaining how I
did well, or helping other blind test takers on this.  The best
explaination I can come up with is this.  I used an excel spread sheet
on the day of the test, but I was largely able to keep track of it all
in my head by imagineing a tactile diagram, and imagineing myself
manipulating tactile markers within that diagram.  I don't know that
this method would work well for many people, but I just want to make
the point that there are many different ways to approach this.  Be
creative, and keep trying different ways until you feel good about a
method.  I felt good about using a spread sheet as well, and liked
having a back up method.  Although, I don't think I fairly tested how
well a spread sheet worked because it was hard for me to practice with
the spread sheet without automatically trying to figure it out in my
head at the same time.  I know people have found tactile methods very
help as well, but I personally never tested any tactile methods.  It
is definitely possible for blind people to do well on this section
though, and it is also ok if this is your weeker section.  Remember
almost every test taker, regardless of background or disability
status, generally has stronger and weeker sections.