[blindlaw] Pulling for Law Review

Michal Nowicki mnowicki4 at icloud.com
Fri Aug 19 16:11:56 UTC 2016

Hi Kelby,

Congratulations on making Law Review! That’s a fantastic accomplishment!

I personally do not recommend Adobe find and neither does FreedomScientific, because the feature behaves inconsistently when a screen reader is running. However, JAWS find should search the entire document if the entire PDF loads in the virtual cursor. This can be configured in the Accessibility Setup Assistant in Adobe Reader and Acrobat. By default, the relevant setting is set to read only the currently visible pages, which, if I remember correctly, is up to 50 pages. I recommend changing this setting to “read the entire document.” If you do this, you will notice that untagged documents take longer to load, but you should be able to search the entire document. If you decide to try my suggestion, please let me know if it works for you. Good luck!

Best,

Michal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: kelby carlson via BlindLaw