[blindlaw] Document Review - Using Excel with Doc Review Platforms

Elizabeth Troutman ETroutman at BrooksPierce.com
Mon Dec 5 14:52:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

My apologies for the delay in this. Attached is an explanation of how to use Relativity to generate an excel file for the purposes of document review. A sighted user has to create the excel, which is annoying I realize. But, once the excel is created, you can review the documents, view notes taken by other attorneys/paralegals, and make your own notes. Then you can have the sighted person feed the excel back into Relativity and your notes appear the same way that others would.

I have them link the documents right into the Excel file so that I just hit "Enter" in the appropriate cell to open the document. If you have the latest version of Adobe, the OCR that Relativity does should allow you to read the document. Another way to go is just by getting the native files separately and looking them up by Bates numbers. I usually do the initial read through excel and then pull out the more important documents to convert to Word for more in-depth reading.

I hope this helps!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Troutman<http://www.brookspierce.com/our-people/attorneys/elizabeth-l-troutman>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D24EDD.4D903100]<http://www.brookspierce.com/>

t: 336.271.3138
f: 336.232.9138

2000 Renaissance Plaza
230 North Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
P.O. Box 26000 (27420)

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail transmittal is privileged and
confidential intended for the addressee only.  If you are neither the
intended recipient nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering
this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure of this
information in any way or taking of any action in reliance on this
information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the person transmitting the information
immediately.

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by M86 MailMarshal.