[blindlaw] Accessibility of eDiscovery Platforms Using JAWS?

Elizabeth Troutman ETroutman at BrooksPierce.com
Thu Jul 7 12:58:51 UTC 2016

JAWS interfaces with Relativity - that's a step up from Eclipse. But I haven't been able to actually review documents, search, or tag on it. I can create an excel because there is a button for that, but even then, it's a pain to navigate to the button. That's why I do the substantive work in excel and have someone else run my notations back through. (Side note: our guys are on vacation this week so it will be next week before I circulate instructions). Relativity says it works best with Chrome, which may cause some of the problems too. Still, there's no reason why a web-based service can't be made to function with JAWS.

As discussed at the meeting, we need to get law firms across the country to put pressure on these vendors. I am optimistic I can marshal the corporate firms here in N.C. if they are part of a bigger movement. I know someone else may be organizing this effort already - if so, speak up. Otherwise, email me off-line if you're interested in helping out.

Elizabeth Troutman
etroutman at brookspierce.com

Brooks Pierce
2000 Renaissance Plaza
230 North Elm Street
Greensboro, NC  27401
T 336-271-3138
F 336-232-9138
http://www.brookspierce.com

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this e-mail transmittal is privileged and
confidential intended for the addressee only.  If you are neither the
intended recipient nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering
this e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure of this
information in any way or taking of any action in reliance on this
information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the person transmitting the information
immediately.

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by M86 MailMarshal.