[blindlaw] IDIA Interview Series

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 07:30:32 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

Here in India, I am associated with an organization called IDIA
(Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education). IDIA
trains students from underprivileged backgrounds, including students
with disabilities, for the CLAT, which is the Indian equivalent of the
LSAT, and then helps them pursue their professional endeavours in law
school and beyond.
We have recently launched a new initiative of interviewing successful
lawyers with disabilities, in all spheres of the legal profession,
irrespective of their country of residence. Through this initiative,
we hope to start a larger public conversation about how the legal
ecosystem in India and beyond can be restructured in ways that would
make it more accessible for the disabled.
 Our first interview in this series with Justice Zak Yacoob, who is
blind and served as a judge on South Africa's highest court for 15
years, can be found here:
http://idialaw.com/blog/idap-interview-series-interview-i-with-justice-zak-mohammed-yacoob/

We have interviews with people such as Haben Girma and Justice Richard
Bernstein lined up in the coming weeks. If you have any suggestions
for who we could interview (academicians, judges, commercial lawyers,
litigators or human rights activists), please reach out to
anusha at idialaw.com.
Please share this widely in your network.

Best,
Rahul