[blindlaw] question about Google Drive

Stewart, Christopher K chris.stewart at uky.edu
Sat Jul 30 17:52:05 UTC 2016

Hi James,

I was on law review, and we didn't use Google Drive. However, I know
that Google Drive is accessible with jaws. I also know that you can
export Google Drive files as MS Word files. If you're more comfortable
with MS Word, I would recommend doing that, at least for the first
assignment. Then, you can copy your work back into the Google Drive.
Having said that, it's probably worth it for you to learn Google
Drive, as it's pretty heavily used these days.

One thing I don't know is the extent to which Jaws provides feedback
about very specific details. I'm particularly thinking of small caps,
which you'll be dealing with a lot. I know it says when things are
italicized, underlined, bolded, Etc.

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep us
updated. I'm curious to know the full extent of Drive's word
processor's accessibility. If you can edit a law review article, then
that means it's basically as accessible as Word.

Best,
Chris