[blindlaw] assistancce needed with project

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:36:00 UTC 2016

Hi Nathan,

I guess it depends on what kind of research you would consider doing.

What about either:
1. Treatment of disabled suspects by the police - what procedures are
in place, requirements of the ADA (I seem to remember a case from
California which was being heard by or seeking leave before the US
Supreme Court recently) and what happens in practice e.g. are those
procedures actually followed, what is the reaction of Courts when they
are not?

2. Treatment of disabled persons in the prison system? Again, what
procedures are in place, do they have proper access to medical
treatment etc.? Just a couple thoughts.

Kind regards

Ger