[blindlaw] Law Schools Power over Readers or assistants for study and outside of classroom assignments if the individual is not paid by the school

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 21:42:29 UTC 2016

Dear Aimee

Many thanks for your email.

I think it would be worth writing to the school asking the question as
you propose but also explaining your position and why you feel you
ought to be permitted to use a reader in the way discussed.

I think you should  ask the school to confirm their position and
either say that you can use a reader in the way you propose or explain
their objections to certain duties and what the reader can properly do
by say next Friday at latest, given the deadline for your upcoming
assignment. If next Friday is too late then ask for a response within
a shorter deadline.

I'm copying the list with this suggestion and if anyone disagrees,
please get in touch.

If it would be helpful to have someone read over a draft emai, I'd be happy to.

Kind regards

Ger