[blindlaw] following Up on Decreasing Reliance on Sighted Assistants

Stewart, Christopher K chris.stewart at uky.edu
Tue Nov 15 14:09:43 UTC 2016

Good Morning Rod,
I'm was wondering what you mean by "a more public platform." The page
I provided is public, accessible, and editable by anyone with the edit
password. Of course, I'm open to using another platform, but the
notion of, for instance, using the NABL website strikes me as a
tedious solution, not to mention to potential pitfalls in giving a
number of people who aren't web developers the ability to alter the
code of the group's website. One potential solution would be to link
the txti page to the NABL website, which would accomplish Patti's goal
of increasing traffic to the NABL site.

The reason I used txti is because it is the easiest, most accessible
platform for creating text-based webpages that I've ever found. Most
of us don't have the time or interest to learn how to code, but
editing on txti is as easy as typing in Word itself. Again, I'm open
to anything, but I wanted to attempt a better explanation of txti in
case I was unclear before.

Best,
Chris