[blindlaw] Reading hand-written revisions to documents

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:42:21 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well.
I will be joining a full-service law firm after graduating this
summer. One of the accessibility barriers that I gather I will have to
grapple with is reading hand-written revisions to documents.
While the track change function is extensively used by younger
associates and other senior members of the team, I am told that
partners prefer making revisions in hard copy documents.
While I understand that JAWS cannot read
 anything that is handwritten, I am wondering if there are any
technological solutions for reading handwritten content.
Also, if anyone here has dealt with revisions that are made using the
handwriting feature offered by the iPad, I'd be grateful if they could
comment about its accessibility. Thanks!

Best,
Rahul