[blindlaw] Taking the June LSAT

Nicole Askins njaskins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:10:02 UTC 2017

Greetings all. I am retaking the law school admissions test LSAT in June. I
am sure as individuals with sight impairments who also are practicing
attorneys have also embarked upon this experience. I have taken this exam
before and initially did very well but upon examining last year I did not
do so well. I am looking to learn from your experience with this exam.
Specifically, how did you as a person with a sight impairment strategize,
study, and approach The Logical game section of this exam? Seemingly, this
portion of the exam is very biased to Ward cited individuals. Obviously, I
am wrong as those who have taken it and are also sight-impaired have done
so successfully. Thus, I am looking for a strategy to Broach this section..

Any feedback will be welcome. I think it must be said though that I am a
person who is visually impaired and use zoomtext and ease of access
narrator and magnifier for my screen reading assistance. I have been a
person with low vision for only the last six years of my life. Therefore,
the familiarity with thinking and approaching studying is not necessarily
geared to Ward a person who is sight-impaired. This means that I still
think like a person who is fully sighted. I need to read as well as listen
to text. Thank you for your input.

With warmest regards
Nicole J Askins