[blindlaw] Complaining to Freedom Scientific About the Sporadic Functioning of the Virtual Viewer For Viewing Track Changes In Word

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:46:06 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

There's been an update from Freedom Scientific on this. They say that
the basic issue is that this feature doesn't work in documents that
have more than 100 revisions. This is because the processing time
required to prepare a list of revisions in such circumstances is more
than what is permissible. To fix this, they'll modify the processing
time in an upcoming JAWS update.

I am not sure if the 100 revisions theory is accurate. I will test out
a few documents with less and more than 100 revisions to ascertain if
that is the actual issue. I was wondering what others think about
this.

Best,
Rahul