[blindlaw] Dialogue Wash. D.C. Feb.

GL Norman glnorman15 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:43:16 UTC 2018

Trans-Atlantic Reflection on Power of Technology for Inclusion

February 22, 2019 at the German Marshall Fund of the U.S.

Gary C. Norman, Esq. L.L.M. (AMMF 2008) Convener
Debra V. Hamilton, Esq. Hamilton Law and Mediation, PLLC Master of Ceremony and Co-Facilitator

For accommodations or for reservations, contact the German Marshall Fund of the U.S.

Join one of our distinguished alumni of the AMMF program, and a lawyer with a disability, to engage in a coffee conversation (or other beverage with light snacks) on the role technology will play and will continue to play, in either building or in eroding diversity and inclusion, as well as civil rights, in the Trans-Atlantic partnership. Join him at 1:30 P.M.
1744 R. Street, N.W.
Upstairs in the board room (Elevator access available)

Gary, the robust commentary of other alumni, as well as European interlocuters, will seek to arrive at a consensus-based document of recommendations on the impact of technology on civil rights and human rights. Kerry Thompson and he co-hosted and co-implemented two dialogues in 2018 as part of an Alumni Action grant. As follow-up to his joint dialogue work and his column in the Maryland Daily Record on technology and civil rights, we host this conversation exploring:

  *   Is technology, such as social media, connecting us or further eroding us as Trans-Atlantic leaders? Especially in terms of democracy and inclusion?
  *   Is our technology eco system fully accessible yet to a range of populations, such as the disabled?
  *   What role will AI play in expanding or in eroding civil rights?
  *   Is there a Trans-Atlantic business case for diversity and inclusion, and ensuring technology supports this?

For general questions, please telephone Gary C. Norman, Esq. L.L.M. at (410) 241-6745.