[blindlaw] Using Dragon software

Aser Tolentino agtolentino at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 03:29:05 UTC 2018

If you want to use Dragon, you may want to check out JDictate or JSAY from Hartgen Consultency. These are scripts that help integrate JAWS and Dragon functionality. JDictate is only for dictation and can use any version of Dragon while JSAY I believe requires a professional version and works with all of Dragon’s functionality including special Dragon commands to perform JAWS-related actions. These products aren’t cheap, but then again, neither are the higher tier versions of Dragon. The open source Dictation Bridge project is also something you might want to look into for basic dictation, but Dragon and the Hartgen products are probably what you’ll want for a professional workflow. Those are just my two cents. Good luck and have a great weekend.

Respectfully,
Aser Tolentino, Esq.