[blindLaw] ABYY FineReader Stability with Jaws?

Gerard Sadlier gerard.sadlier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 19:31:30 UTC 2019

Laura

There are no circumstances in which I would ask for extra time to
deliver a document due to IT related issues, short of my computer
actually failing. That is not what I previously suggested and frankly
I am surprised both by the tone and contents of your previous message.

Respectfully, in my previous email, I said that pdfs which are
deliberately created as image files cannot easily be read with a
screen reader and that Adobe cannot be criticized for that. As you may
be aware, law firms frequently create their pdfs as scanned image
files. There are a number of good reasons why this is done and indeed
I usually insist on having this done myself.

Short of asking Adobe to provide an OCR solution, I do not see what
they can do to render those files accessible.

To the extent that you may have read my previous remarks more broadly,
I'm afraid you simply mis-understood the point made.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Kind regards

Ger