[blindLaw] Filing Documents with the Court

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:28:44 UTC 2019

I have never heard of this. We have to print out our documents and
sign them, and they are subsequently physically filed and scanned
in--unfortunately our court does not let us use digital signatures.
However, getting a secretary to help me sign documents has never been
a problem. It's not an efficient system, but it is workable. I don't
see this as a good reason for you not to participate in a program.

On 8/20/19, Laura Wolk via BlindLaw <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Please satisfy our collective curiosity and let us know which court this is.
>  Also make sure you check the judge's specific rules in case he has
> displaced that one. . I've never heard of such a thing. And I thought rules
> about acceptable binding forms were ridiculous...
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 20, 2019, at 4:59 PM, Sanho Steele-Louchart via BlindLaw
>> <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> There are some fascinating studies about judges and prejudices against
>> handwriting and written grammar. Suffice it to say that it's exactly
>> as real as you'd think.
>>
>> I checked in with the dean. We'll see what comes of it.
>>
>> On 8/20/19, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. via BlindLaw
>> <blindlaw at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>> That's interesting!  I wonder what effect that would have on the
>>> presiding
>>> judge(s) decision(s) 'cause a petition is handwritten!  Wouldn't that

--
Kelby Carlson