[blindlaw] Choosing a School

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Wed Feb 20 23:46:54 UTC 2019

Sanho, personally I won't judge books by their covers and titles.  I'll read
a few pages to see if such books will capture my attention.  Put simply, I
won't judge a school by whatever rating is assigned to it over the Internet.
I'd ask myself a trillion questions:  What is my interest in the legal
field?  Whether ranked high or low, which school is most likely going to
help me accomplish my set goal?

If possible, can you take a trip to each school and have a conversation with
an advisor?  Can you sit in in a class just to see whether or not you'll
fill comfortable being there?

For reasons I can't fathom, I had (and still have) great vibes about Fordham
University School of Law; but do I want to deal with New York City's noise?
If the answer is "YES" and, if I were in the market for legalese, it will
most certainly be my choice.  Law schools may jolly well teach one the
tricks of the trade, but what works when the dust settles is what I, the
lawyer elects to do thereafter because that's when my talents and skills
will be called on to show their charm!  The best college for you may be
where you are, or it may be in some obscure corner waiting patiently to be
given a chance to try.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado