[blindlaw] Clerking

Derek Dittmar derekjdittmar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:59:49 UTC 2019

Good morning,
I am currently in the application/interview process for clerking after
law school and would appreciate any feedback or personal experiences.
Particularly, has anyone had experience with the visual components of
drafting opinions (caption, formatting, etc.), book checking
citations, or any other aspects of the appellate clerkship that could
require accommodation? Our state’s appellate courts are
characteristically crowded, and clerks are commonly drafting multiple
opinions per month. As I enter interviews, I'd like to have
suggestions for how to solve the most common, and immediate, problems.
Thank you, and I hope everyone is enjoying a strong start to 2019.
Derek J Dittmar