[blindlaw] Clerking

Singh, Nandini NSingh at cov.com
Fri Jan 11 18:44:54 UTC 2019

I clerked on the First Circuit Court of Appeals. I had an old school judge who received our first drafts on paper, allowing him to revise extensively. Judge's secretary then retyped the new draft, revisions and all. At that point, she was the only one who had an electronic copy of the draft opinion. She would not allow us to even touch her computer, so she had complete version control! As a result, she handled the formatting of case captions.

I think the template idea is a good one, and I use something similar at my firm. I also agree that case captions are pretty minor in terms of accommodation issues. I am happy to talk more offline about other ideas. And finally, I echo Stewart's thoughts on how benificial a clerkship is, especially if you plan to be a litigator later.

Regards,
Nikki