[blindlaw] Social Security benefits representation

Scott Greenblatt sgreenblatt76 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:45:10 UTC 2019

I am a new attorney thinking of throwing my hat into this area of representation and I am hoping that members on this list can help give me some guidance. Please tell me how I might get started educating myself on carrying out this type of representation. Where can I go to study up on the process? Are the application documents in accessible format for me to help clients fill out? If not, what suggestions do you have to get an accessible copy of these application documents? Can you please explain to me what goes into developing this type of case and what documentation must be gathered to prove someone’s disability? I know that even with a lawyer’s help that very few cases will receive benefits after the initial application, so what goes into the appellate process of these cases? If I’ve done my due diligence and gathered all the necessary documentation to submit with the initial application is there nothing more to do then get it before an administrative law judge to argue the case? I would also like to know how the practitioners on this list charge for these types of services. All advice will be greatly appreciated as I dearly need some mentoring help.

Sincerely,
Scott Greenblatt Esq.
914-274f-0232
sgreenblatt76 at gmail.com