[blindLaw] Text boxes, check marks, and tables ... Oh my!

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:05:58 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I have been inspired by the recent formatting threads to post here about two unrelated issues I have to deal with in Word on a fairly regular basis. I'm hoping that someone can offer some tips for dealing with these.

First, textboxes: How do people read and edit the text in these? I did find instructions to theoretically get JAWS to read the content of the textbox, but performance was inconsistent. Of chrse, this could have been operator error. What do you all do when you have to access them?

The second involves a document that contains a table, and within most entries of the table, there are multiple selections that someone who is filling out the form can make via checkboxes. JAWS seems to lag for me with this kind of document' and I'm not sure of the best workaround.

In both cases, I have found that I can sometimes get acces to more information by saving the files as web pages, but this doesn't help if I need to edit the content.

Thanks for any insight.

Angie

Sent from my iPhone