[blindLaw] a few quick updates

Laura Wolk laura.wolk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 11:24:17 UTC 2019

All,

Some updates from my conversations with Vispero.
1.   The 2020 public release is scheduled for October 31, with the
next release scheduled for December.
2. the left and right quote changes to the Word Dictionary are
scheduled to be introduced into the December release.
3. I have alerted Vispero to issues regarding highlighting no longer
working using Braille marking, the ongoing issue with nonbreaking
spaces ont being reported, and the fact that Jaws has reverted back to
not saying the footnote number once you enter into the footnote pane.
4. An issue dealing with auto formatting bubbles and track changes
causing Jaws to crash has perhaps been fixed in the September  .28
release.  Angie, I know that you were having issues with this as well.
My test documents no longer crash, so it'd be very helpful if you can
let me know if your docs also still are crashing.  I also am no longer
having issue with trying to type out large comments and having those
crash.

I've I guess sort of taken on Word as my pet project here, but
feedback from list members is extremely important to me as well.  I am
only reporting things I am noticing in my daily experience, so if you
want or have noticed anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Laura