[blindLaw] Typography

Sai sai at fiatfiendum.org
Wed Sep 25 13:45:44 UTC 2019

Correction: "smart quotes" ignores trailing punctuation when
determining if there's a following space. E.g. it works at the end of
sentence if you have a period after the quote.

You can turn smart quotes off in the word processor and/or system-wide
keyboard settings options.

Using straight quotes instead of directional (smart) quotes will never
be wrong, it just won't look as good. Using the wrong directional
quote is a noticeable error, though.

So, if you want to avoid errors at the cost of looking a bit less
nice, just use straight quotes for everything and turn off smart
quotes.

Sincerely,
Sai
President, Fiat Fiendum, Inc.