[blindLaw] ABA Presidential Appointments

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Wed Feb 19 18:21:46 UTC 2020

Hello Friends:

I wanted to make you aware that it is still possible to apply for an
appointment to an American Bar Association committee, commission, or other
group appointed by the ABA President for the 2020/2021 bar year.  Our
incoming President is Patricia Lee Refo of Arizona and she is emphasizing
diversity of all types in her appointment.  The below memo gives you
information on how to apply.  On the appointments page, you can discover
information about all of the various committees and opportunities.
President Elect Refo appointed me to her Appointments Committee.  So if you
do apply, please let me know.  The deadline is this Friday.

Best,

Scott

MEMORANDUM

To:          ABA House of Delegates

From:     Patricia Lee Refo, President-Elect

cc:          Randall Noel, Chair, Presidential Appointments Committee

               Alfreda Coward, Vice-Chair, Presidential Appointments
Committee

Re:         Presidential Appointments Process

As President-Elect, it is my privilege to fill vacancies on ABA Standing and
Special Committees, Commissions, Working Groups, Task Forces and other ABA
entities for the Association year. To assist our Appointments Committee with
this important process, please recommend candidates for appointment to these
entities.

Recommendations should be made electronically on the ABA website. Please
visit http://ambar.org/appointments for detailed instructions and the
on-line application beginning on December 30, 2019. Recommendations must be
received by February 21, 2020 for consideration. In addition to your
recommendations, we hope that you will encourage any other interested
members to fill out the electronic application on their own behalf.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. The Appointments Committee and I
will give each application thorough consideration, but please understand
that the number of qualified applicants typically far exceeds the number of
open positions. If you would like to discuss this process, please feel free
to contact the Appointments Committee Chair, Randall Noel, at (901)
680-7346, or randy.noel at butlersnow.com; or Vice-Chair, Alfreda Coward, at
(954) 722-0836, or alfredacoward at hotmail.com
<mailto:alfredacoward at hotmail.com> . For questions regarding the on-line
application, please contact Danielle Norwood in the Office of the President
at (312) 988-5122.

The Appointments Committee and I look forward to hearing from you and thank
you for your assistance in this important process for our Association.