[blindLaw] Practicing Law Virtually

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:03:15 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I am part of an American Bar Association committee looking at how lawyers
are practicing in the courts and administrative agencies during COVID-19.
The issue has come up as to how accessible various platforms are for blind
and visually impaired lawyers using screen reading, Braille and large print
technology at trials and hearings. The platforms mentioned thus far are
Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx. It seems to me that Zoom is the most
accessible. However, some courts and administrative hearing agencies are
using other platforms. I have heard that Microsoft Teams is somewhat
accessible and WebEx hardly at all. If anyone has been using Microsoft Teams
or WebEx, could you please write me off list at davant1958 at gmail.com
<mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com>  to let me know about your experience. I am
retired now, and I would appreciate the opinion of someone actually using
any of these platforms. Thank you.

Denise R. Avant, Esq.

President,

773-991-8050