[blindLaw] Anxiety about misconstruing content due to accessibility barriers

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:52:44 UTC 2020

Hi, all,

This may be a strange question. However, I findmyself worrying incessantly about having misread or skipped something in legal documents because of an accessibility barrier. Specifically, these feelings become particularly pronounced for me, and my confidence in what I read is not up to the mark,given that:
A. One has to often convert documents into an accessible format using an OCR solution. And the accuracy level of the output sometimes leaves much to be desired; and
B. JAWS often jumps around in PDF documents between paras of its own accord, so I end up not being fully confident about what I have read in such documents.

Does anyone else struggle with these thoughts? Do you have in mind any solutions?

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone