[blindLaw] information

Roderick Thomas rthomas48 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:04:46 UTC 2021

Hey Guys, I am going crazy. I am currently working at a criminal defense
firm as a legal intern. I just recently took the bar exam, but I have
not received my scores yet. I need to read a criminal arrest report, but
some parts of the document is write by hand. I tried using AIR, but they
are so expensive and they really do not transcribe documents. I tried
using Be My Eyes, but the document is in a PDF, so no volunteer can read
the document; even if, they take a picture of the document with there
cell phone. I tried converting the document to a searchable PDF, but
that was a total nightmare. I could only read twenty percent of the
document. I spoke with the owner of the law firm, and suggested that
someone read the document into a MP3, but he said, "No because that
would not be a good use of his resources." Also, he said, that "Everyone
must pull there own weight." I tried hiring a part-time Paralegal
remotely, but she is not working out as well. Moreover, I only make $13
an hour. The firm is very small with only five people including the
owner. I am running out of ideas. I love the job, but someone told me,
that "You cannot be a criminal defense attorney alone. You need an
assistance. How is that possible, when I have not passed the bar exam?
Please help! I have only worked at this law firm for two weeks

Sincerely,

Roderick Thomas.