[blindLaw] simultaneous editing in sharepoint and Google

Áine Kelly-Costello ainekc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:18:40 UTC 2021

It's technically doable in Google in theory, see here,
<https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6239410>but i hate collaborateor
announcements as they badger you no end so I always leave them off. I
try as much as possible to avoid editing at exactly the same time and on
the rare occasion it's necessary I am sure to tell my collaborator/s
that I for instance am likely not to notice comments they make in the
doc in realtime and they are far better to just Whatsapp/Slack/whatever
me or something if it's urgent. Also if I am simultaneously editing
unless I am clearly the lead on the doc and need to be making final
decisions then I will definitely leave suggesting mode on (editing with
that on takes a bit of getting used to). Side-note for the link above,
it says that live edits panel doesn't show edits made by collaborators
using suggesting mode. So if that panel is something you do want to use
then make sure they aren't using suggesting mode.