[blindLaw] Questions regarding Law School admission

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:25:17 UTC 2021

Good afternoon,

Yes, the LSAT is required by most law schools. Some will accept the
GRE, but taking the GRE will involve doing math in an accessible way.
I took the HTML version of the LSAT using the JAWS screen reader. I
read the questions and answers with my screen reader and had a scribe
present who filled out the scantron for me.

I actually used Kahn Academy's LSAT prep course. There were a few odd
quirks with the program, but it was accessible, and I believe I was
able to set it so that I took my practice tests to reflect the actual
time constraints I would face rather than the normal time nondisabled
test-takers get. When you apply for accommodations, you can apply for
extra time on the test. I would highly recommend applying for the
double time accommodation as the logic games section in particular
will take you a little longer to complete.

I also recommend the Powerscore books. I liked studying with them
before I got started with Kahn Academy because they gave me some
strategies for completing the various sections.

I've heard good things about Kaplyn Prep as well, but that costs, so
if you don't have the funds, Kahn Academy may be a better fit for you
as that is free.

Hope that was helpful.

Julie

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of