[blindLaw] The Bar Exam and LSAT?

ALBERT ELIA al.elia at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 15:20:34 UTC 2021

Hi Jen – are you planning to apply to law school and become a
practicing attorney, or are you just doing research?

There are practice LSAT exams and prep materials on bookshare.org. The
bar exam prep companies provide accommodations (digital materials, etc).
I took the LSAT with a human reader/scribe, and it was not ideal. I took
the MD/MA bar exams using my computer and a screenreader, and a human
scribe just for noting my answers, and that was a great improvement.

Many people have  different studying/learning/test-taking techniques
that they employ for these tests, so your and others’ mileage may
vary. For example, I found the logic games to be the easiest part of the
test, and I took them orally with no scratch material. Others have sued
LSAC claiming that blind people can’t do logic games. Most are
somewhere in between.