[blindLaw] Accessing Case Text Without Citations etc.

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed May 19 01:11:16 UTC 2021

Unfortunately, the others are right. This was a great annoyance to me
too once I started law school. I would advise though either reading
the cases directly on Westlaw if you can or trying to convert the case
files into HTML perhaps. Sometimes if you get a case file taken from
Westlaw and put into Word, there are actually an unreasonable amount
of distracting things, including links in the text. Also, sometimes
case files thrown into word documents end up in columns. That was
another nasty surprise I never hope for anyone to encounter. Reading
the cases straight from Westlaw though isn't bad.

Julie

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; American University Washington College of