[blindLaw] Braille

Syed Rizvi syedrizvinfb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 22:38:42 UTC 2021

Hi Ann,

Awesome question.

I would recommend to do both if possible. Usually high schoolers have some free blocks throughout the week to work on homework. Perhaps braille lessons can be scheduled then, or before and after school. My middle school had me take braille instead of Spanish and I feel negatively impacted by that, as Spanish is such a valuable language to know. However, braille is also incredibly important to a blind person's career.

I would highly recommend reaching out to the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children. They will definitely be your best asset. Their president is a lawyer as well. I'd be happy to connect you with her.

Good Luck!
Syed
,

--
Syed Mahmud Rizvi

SyedRizviNFB at gmail.com
(413)250-3523

Harvard Law School, JD Candidate, 2024
Paul and Daisy Soros Fellow
Jacobus Tenbroek Fellow
SEO Law Fellow
Lighthouse Guild Scholar

The University of Texas at Austin, BA in Government, 2020
Dean's Distinguished Graduate