[blindLaw] dealing with merged pdfs

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:18:35 UTC 2022

hi all,

I am wondering how you deal with PDF documents that have many pdfs merged
within them. In the Indian legal system, e-files are structured this way.
We have one large consolidated pdf that subsumes within it pleadings,
evidence, relevant orders and other things. I typically use Bookworm for
reading PDFs. It does not work with such PDFs. Nor do Edge or CHrome. Only
Adobe does. And then, too, it does not enable me to access the tree view
clearly. Nor the actual content of any document, even after pressing f6.
ANy thoughts?

I am getting a para legal to break these down into a zip folder with
individual PDF files.

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Attorney, Ira Law
Senior Associate Fellow, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018), University of Oxford
Co-Founder, Mission Accessibility
Special Correspondent on the rights of persons with disabilities, Oxford
Human Rights Hub
Coordinator of the working group on accessibility, e-Committee, Supreme
Court of India