[blindLaw] Question on the ADA for law school project.

Michal Nowicki mnowicki4 at icloud.com
Sat Feb 12 00:29:06 UTC 2022

Hi Teresita,

I don't know where this information comes from, but it's definitely not the
ADA. The ADA applies to places, programs, services, and activities, but not
to products. Take, for instance, a bookstore. If the bookstore was built or
underwent substantial renovation after the ADA took effect, it must be
wheelchair accessible. However, it is not obligated to stock Braille or
large print books.

That said, smart refrigerators with video playback capabilities are covered
by the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act
(CVAA).

Best,

Michal