[blindLaw] Point of having Westlaw and/or LexusNexus

Thomas Dukeman ThomasDukeman at outlook.com
Sun Jul 31 12:51:45 UTC 2022

Hello fellow legal beagles!

I was wondering what the point of having those two legal databases was? I mean is there any information in those databases I couldn’t get access to any other way or that it is just a more efficient way to find law related information then just trying to look it up on your own with google? I know that many law firms through out the US at least use them but that the license for it can be pretty expensive to keep up sometimes so I was just trying to understand if the whole point of using something expensive was because it is the only way to get important information or that is just what we have gotten used to using?

Thanks for your time in advance,
Tom