[blindLaw] Law School Accommodations

Teresita Rios teresitarios22 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:44:37 UTC 2022

Yay!
Congratulations!
Okay, So most of the classes are lectures and have a final exam which is
your entire grade.
But during your first year (1L) we also have Legal Writing and Legal
Research.
For the regular classes, I asked for PDF TextBooks, note taker. And for
exams, I asked to use my computer, exams in word format, and 100% extra
time.
Oh I was forgetting, I also asked for a reserve seat near the front.  I
have a guide dog and she needs space, I also rely on my ears to get the
info so the closer to the front the easier it is to hear.
Special perk is that you chit chat with Professors.   Get to know your
Professors forsure. Especially if you want to be a clerk for a judge
after graduation.

For Legal writing and research. Those are less credits but very tedious.
because there is lots of formatting and citation. Get the online version of
the Blue Book legal citation. For legal research my professor used lots of
screenshots and was super visual so I had to meet with him and we would go
over the material and quizzes. Or I would ask for a human reader for that
class for sure. It was the most time consuming and non satisfying one of
all.  I wish someone had told me about legal research class. Legal
writing professors are usually super approachable. They can help you with
formatting and citation guidance too. if you like reserch they are worth it
after the fact. Mainly for summer work and paper courses that you can take
your 2L and 3L.

I am starting my 3rd, and sadly, last year at Notre Dame Law.
If you need anything regarding classes and law school in general feel free
to email.
Good Luck

Teresita Rios.