[blindLaw] Accommodations for bar exam

Seif-Eldeen Saqallah seifs at umich.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:46:31 UTC 2022

Hello, Lauren and all.

I remember this stressful process too.

Some jurisdictions are better than others. NY updated their forms (I
also told them which parts were not accessible) to allow for pdf
formfields and digital signatures. I think they removed the
notarization requirement and other things?

I submitted all that I could, including pre-colledge (school)
IEPs/accommodations, accommodations from law school, medical
documentation, etc.

Some requested extended time, an electronic test, JAWS, a
laptop/braillenote, a way to print/transfer data, spellcheck, etc.
For me, I had to read my multiple-choice answers alowd and then had
them confirmed back to me so they could be scantron-entered.

Attached is a sample accommodations letter (I had to reformat so I
could redact).

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Sincerely,
Seif

--
Seif Saqallah
(Mr.)

International Studies, Arabic Studies, and Judaic Studies;
Law, Justice, and Social Change
B.A | 2017

248-325-7091 | seifs at umich.edu

The information in this transmittal, including any attachments, is
confidential and may contain privileged information protected from
disclosure by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately by reply email, delete this
communication, and destroy all copies of the transmittal, including
any attachments. Receipt of this message is not intended to waive any
applicable legal privilege.