[blindLaw] LSAT Writing Question

Helga Schreiber helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 22:08:58 UTC 2023

Hi everyone. This is Helga and I am a visually impaired student.  Hope you all are doing well. I have a question regarding the LSAT writing.  For  those who took the LSAT exam  and completed your writing sample last year, what was your accommodations for it? Did you use the launch writing link that is in the LSAC website or did you read the Prompt and  write the essay with Microsoft word? I’m just wondering. I already registered for the remotely  LSAT administration that will be this October, and  will also need to complete  a writing sample. It will be my first time completing these tests.  For the writing sample, I will prefer  using Microsoft word since I’m familiar with that app on my Mac-book Pro using VoiceOver. However, what is your experience with the launch writing link? I never use that program before, so I am not so sure if it is accessible or compatible with VoiceOver and Google Chrome on the Mac when it comes to the Prompt? I did write to the LSAC Accommodation Team  two weeks ago regarding using Microsoft word in order to read the LSAT writing Prompt and write the essay, but I still did not receive any respond about that matter. In fact, I do have  a letter of accommodation, but It does not really mention if I can use Microsoft word for the LSAT writing. Do you have any suggestions?  I look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks so much for reading!

Helga Schreiber
Email Address: helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Sent From my iPhone 11 Pro Max